I’m really getting into the holidays already. I’m all about anything christmas, holiday, snow, winter themed. I came across this great tutorial on pinterest for beading stars and after making a few, I thought I would try my hand at making a snowflake version.
You will need…
- beading needing
- seed beads (I use size 11, but you can use any size)
1. String on 12 beads.
2. Put the needle back through from the first bead, string through all again to form a loop.
3. Repeat step 2.
4. String on 3 beads. Skip the first bead in the ring, go through the next bead. This forms the first point of your snowflake.
5. Continue stringing 3 beads through every other bead.
6. Once you make it all the way around, you should have a six-pointed star / snowflake.
Now for the part that really makes it…
7. Thread up through two beads to the tip of the first point.
8. String 3 beads, pull needle through the top of the point. This form the 3-bead loop that really makes to look like a snowflake.
9. To move on to the next point, sew down through the next 2 beads to the base ring, then up through the next 2 beads after that, making your way back to the tip of the next point.
10. Once you’ve made it back to the beginning, it’s time to tie it off. I use what I call a “magic knot.” I don’t know if it actually has a name, but that’s what I’m calling it. Basically, tie it once, as if you’re tying a regular knot, but when you tie the second time, wrap it twice instead of just once. That’s it!
I hope all of that make sense. If you have questions, just leave a comment!